This is not an internship. It’s not a contract role either. This is the real deal – a full-time gig that includes a detailed two-year training grid and a dedicated mentor to take you to the next level in your journalism career. Yes, benefits too, and a clear career path.
You will be a key member of the editorial team of Canada’s leading commercial cannabis magazine, as well as global aquaculture brand Hatchery International, responsible for supplying the high-quality editorial content our audiences have come to expect from us. As part of this team, you will create content and explore new ways to develop and publish content on multiple platforms, including print, digital, videos, events and social media. We expect you to make a difference.
You will also join Canada’s leading B2B media company, where our values, unique culture and training help us consistently outperform the industry.
What you will do:
- Learn all aspects of putting a magazine together, from concept and story pitching to feature writing and production.
- Support the editor by working with a wide range of contributors, editing copy written by industry experts, and ensuring the quality and timeliness of online content.
- Work with our various digital products, including websites, e-newsletters, social media, video, webinars, podcasts and more to reach our readers wherever they are.
- As part of a team, help develop and launch new multimedia products and services that will benefit the brand’s loyal and expanding audience.
- Help create content and marketing around existing and new workshops and conferences.
- Attend company and industry events to better connect with your market and readers.
- Innovate and act on emerging trends and needs within the media world and your industries.
What the ideal Annex candidate looks like:
- You have a university degree in journalism, communications or a related field.
- Comfort and/or experience with all forms of media communication, including but not limited to print, digital (websites and eNewsletters), video and social media.
- Ability to work together to achieve the best results and display a can do/will do attitude.
- Great organizational abilities, as well as excellent computer skills.
- Outgoing personality and comfort in social settings.
- Goes beyond to deliver the unexpected.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to adapt in a constantly evolving media business.
What we offer:
In addition to what we’ve mentioned above, you’ll get the chance to work with a media group that knows the business inside and out. You will appreciate the autonomy to get the job done, as well as the support and encouragement to launch your best ideas.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resumé, and links to writing samples to, email@example.com.