Annex Business Media, Canada’s largest B2B media company, is looking for a motivated, creative, and solutions-oriented sales professional to manage two of our dynamic manufacturing brands: Canadian Manufacturing Online and PLANT. We’re on the hunt for someone who will help our clients and partners find unique and compelling solutions to their sales and marketing challenges.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving sales and growing the brands through all media platforms, including digital properties, video, magazines, events, trade shows, awards programs, custom content and research solutions. There isn’t a platform we don’t have or are afraid to try.
We believe our values and culture are cornerstones to our success. We have the momentum, team and drive to build the next best everything in business media.
What you will do:
- Manage the brands for long-term success. It’s your business, you own it.
- Act as a brand ambassador to maintain and expand business from our stable of existing advertisers and sponsors, and continually prospect for new business.
- Through our innovative and ever-evolving products/platforms, you will generate new business and manage the sales funnel, as well as create industry-leading projects and opportunities to fit client and reader needs.
- Attend industry events to better connect with your markets and clients.
- Innovate and act on emerging trends and needs within the media world and your industries.
- Collaborate with and lead a high-performance sales and editorial team.
- Monitor, manage and optimize business operations to ensure revenue and profit growth.
What you bring to the table:
- A post-secondary education in a related field, combined with a minimum of five years of sales experience, media/publishing preferred.
- Comfort and/or experience with all forms of media communication, with direct experience managing a complex digital brand and events portfolio. Experience with video, social media and custom content solutions is an asset.
- Ability to work through ambiguity and create custom content-driven marketing solutions for large and mid-sized enterprise clients.
- Great organizational and project management skills are a must.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Outgoing personality and comfort with public speaking.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to adapt in a constantly evolving media business.
What we offer:
You’ll enjoy the progressive benefits, continuing education opportunities and great office environment you’d expect from an industry innovator. You’ll also get to share ideas and experience with the more than 40 media sales professionals at Annex. You will appreciate the autonomy to get the job done, as well as the support and encouragement to launch your best ideas.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resumé indicating why you are the right candidate for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply is June 3, 2019