Annex Business Media, Canada’s largest B2B media company, continues to grow and we want you to be a part of our team. We are currently looking for a motivated, creative and solutions-oriented sales professional to actively manage media sales for three of our dynamic, multi-platform brands: SP&T News, Canadian Security and Sécurité Québec.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving sales and growing the brands through all media platforms: digital properties (website, eNewsletters, etc.), video/podcasts, magazines, events, awards programs, content marketing, programmatic advertising, and research solutions. There isn’t a platform we don’t use or are afraid to try.
We believe that our values — Own It, Be Bold, Care, Work Together, Be Agile and Go Beyond — and unique culture are the reason for our success. We have the momentum, team and drive to build the next best everything in business communications.
What you will do:
- Manage an existing territory and the brands for long-term success. It’s your business, you own it.
- Act as a brand ambassador to maintain and expand business from our stable of existing advertisers, and continually prospect for new business.
- Through our innovative and ever-evolving products/platforms — print, website, mobile, email, events, webinars, social media, video, podcasts, research — you will generate new business, as well as create industry-leading projects and opportunities to fit client and reader needs.
- Attend industry events to better connect with your markets and clients.
- Innovate and act on emerging trends and needs within the media world and your industries.
- Collaborate with a high-performance sales and editorial team, as well as with our progressive digital and audience development teams.
- Monitor, manage and optimize business operations to ensure revenue and profit growth.
What the ideal Annex candidate looks like:
- You have a post-secondary education in a related field combined with a minimum of five years of sales experience, media/publishing preferred.
- Comfort and/or experience with all forms of media communication, including but not limited to print, websites, video and social media.
- Ability to work together to achieve the best results and a proven can do/will do attitude.
- Great organizational and time management abilities.
- Outgoing personality and comfort in social settings.
- Track record of going above and beyond to deliver the unexpected.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to adapt in a constantly evolving media business.
What we offer:
You’ll enjoy the progressive benefits, continuing education opportunities and great office environment you’d expect from an industry innovator. You’ll also get to share ideas and experience with the more than 40 media sales professionals at Annex. You will appreciate the autonomy to get the job done, as well as the support and encouragement to launch your best ideas.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resumé indicating why you are the right candidate for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply is June 24, 2019