Canada’s agriculture industry has an important role to play in sustaining a growing population and economy. If you’re interested in agriculture (or want to learn more about the ag industry) and want to expand your career in Canada’s media industry, look no further – this is the position for you.
As an active member of a stellar ag editorial team, you’ll help inform our audience through high-quality content across all forms of media. Magazine, website, social media, podcasts, events – you name it, we’re doing it. And if we’ve forgotten something, we want you to tell us – your opinion matters.
At Annex Business Media, Canada’s largest B2B media company, we believe our values and culture are cornerstones to our success. These are just several reasons why we consistently outperform the industry.
What you will do:
- Learn all aspects of putting a magazine together, from concept and story pitching to feature writing and production.
- Support the editorial director by working with a wide range of contributors, editing copy written by industry experts, and ensuring the quality and timeliness of online content.
- Work with our various digital products, including websites, e-newsletters, social media, video, webinars and more to reach our readers wherever they are.
- As part of a team, help develop and launch new products and services that will benefit the brand’s loyal and expanding audience, both in print and digital.
- Attend company and industry events to better connect with your market and readers.
- Innovate and act on emerging trends and needs within the media world and your industry.
You might be an ideal Annex candidate if:
- You have a university degree in journalism, communications or a related field.
- You’re comfortable and/or experienced with all forms of media communication, including but not limited to print, digital (websites and eNewsletters), video and social media.
- You can work together with others to achieve the best results and display a can do/will do attitude.
- You have great organizational abilities and excellent computer skills.
- You’re outgoing and comfortable in social settings.
- You go beyond to deliver the unexpected.
- You can adapt in a constantly evolving media business, and your work ethic shines.
- You have an interest in farming (ag background is an asset, but not required).
What we offer:
You’ll enjoy the progressive benefits, continuing education opportunities and the great office environment you’d expect from an industry innovator. You’ll also earn your stripes working with experienced editors who know the business inside and out. You will appreciate the autonomy to get the job done, as well as the support and encouragement to launch your best ideas.
To apply, please send a cover letter, résumé, and links to writing samples to, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply is November 7, 2019