Annex Business Media is Canada’s leading B2B media company, where our values, unique culture and training help us consistently outperform the industry. Events are the fastest growing part of the Annex Business Media portfolio, and we’re looking for someone to help continue to drive that growth. With close to 50 business-to-business events and counting, we are looking for a motivated and creative event manager to join our existing event management team.
A consummate service provider, you have a track record of wowing both internal and external customers. We are looking for someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to work in a high-performance and agile culture.
What you will do:
- You will manage the full event cycle from inception to culmination, including planning, budgeting, marketing, sourcing venues, on site set-up/tear down and post-event review.
- You will provide support to a variety of events in different industries, managing the details around registration, customer service, marketing, logistics, exhibits, websites, service providers and more.
- Working closely with our brand teams, you will partner with both internal support staff and external service providers to create fantastic live experiences while meeting budgets and ROR targets.
What the ideal Annex candidate looks like:
- You have a post-secondary education in a related field combined with a minimum of three years’ experience in the event or related project management sphere.
- You possess a proven track record of working with teams to bring multiple, simultaneous projects to completion.
- Flexibility to travel and to work evenings or weekends as required.
- Ability to work together to achieve the best results and a proven can do/will do attitude.
- Great organizational and time management abilities.
- Outgoing personality and comfort in social settings.
- Track record of going above and beyond to deliver the unexpected.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to adapt in a constantly evolving media business.
What we will offer:
You’ll enjoy the progressive benefits, continuing education opportunities and great office environment you’d expect from an industry innovator. You’ll be a part of a highly experienced and cohesive team who know the business inside and out. If you are ready to dive in and show what you are capable of, please send a cover letter and resumé, indicating why you are the best person for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply is January 17, 2020