At Annex, we believe that good things happen when like-minded people come together to create and connect. This belief is at the heart of the work we do. That means finding people who like to work hard and have fun doing it.
We’re looking for a self-starter who wants to learn but also accepts responsibility for their own outcomes. Results oriented and team focused, the ideal candidate loves to create and tune content across all mediums.
To make sure our employees are well taken care of, we provide them with flexible hours, a comprehensive benefits package, progressive vacation entitlement, additional paid days off throughout the year, continuing education opportunities, profit sharing and all the tools needed to get their job done from one of our modern offices through our hybrid scheduling (2 days in office/3 days remote) or wherever they happen to be that day. They also enjoy a 35-hour work week that ends at 1:30 pm on Fridays.
If this sounds like what you’ve been searching for, we have an opportunity for an associate editor to create content across two different but dynamic brands; Food in Canada and Canadian Manufacturing Online. It’s a chance to grow, with significant responsibility and autonomy combined with the help of a dedicated mentor and top-notch support teams. We’re looking for someone with ideas and energy who’s ready to become an important part of the national business scene in a friendly, can-do environment.
What you will do:
- Pitch, create, and manage first-rate content in a deadline-driven environment.
- Participate in all aspects of putting a magazine together from concept and story pitching to feature writing and production.
- Creatively use our various digital products including websites, e-newsletters, social media, video, webinars, podcasts and more to reach and engage our audience wherever they are.
- Support the editor by working with a wide range of contributors, editing copy from industry experts and ensuring quality and timeliness of online content.
- Help develop and launch new products in all media to benefit the brands’ loyal and expanding audience.
- Create content and marketing around existing and new workshops, conferences and events (both live and virtual).
- Travel to better connect with your market and audience.
- Bring your knowledge and ideas to the table to drive innovation in our channels and in the industries we serve.
What the ideal Annex candidate looks like:
- You have a post secondary degree in journalism, communications or a related field.
- Comfort and/or experience with all forms of media communication, including but not limited to print, digital (websites and e-newsletters), video and social media.
- Ability to work together to achieve the best results and display a can do/will do attitude.
- Great organizational abilities, as well as excellent computer skills.
- Outgoing personality and comfort in social settings.
- Goes beyond to deliver the unexpected.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to adapt in a constantly evolving media business.
- Can take instruction, but doesn’t need to be told what to do.
- Capable of working remotely from a home office as well as in one of our office locations as required.
- Valid driver’s license and eagerness to travel within and outside Canada.
What we offer:
In addition to what we’ve mentioned above, you’ll get the chance to work with a media group that knows the business inside and out. At Annex, we believe our values and culture are the foundation to our success.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resumé and links to writing samples to: email@example.com.
Deadline to apply is February 2, 2024.