It’s time to take your skills to the big stage. As an associate editor at Annex you’ll use your talents as a writer, journalist and digital content creator to produce unique communications across two dynamic markets in the Canadian manufacturing industry; Plant and MRO. It’s a chance to grow, with significant responsibility and autonomy combined with the support of a dedicated mentor and top-flight creative team, and a proven training program to get you to the next level. We’re looking for someone with ideas and energy who’s ready to become an important part of the national business scene in a friendly, can-do environment.
As an associate editor you will source, generate and edit high-quality content for social media and digital platforms (websites, virtual events, webinars), and in video and audio (podcast) formats. And we also have great print products! You will help drive interest and participation in high-profile national industry events with great content and promotions. With your focus squarely on helping the businesses of our audience, you’ll build a network of relationships that will guarantee success for you and your channels for years to come.
Working at Annex isn’t like working at other places. We have more fun, and we get more done. If you’re ready to take control over how you achieve great results, join us.
What you will do:
- Creatively use our various digital products including websites, e-newsletters, social media, video, webinars, podcasts and more to reach and engage our audience wherever they are.
- Help develop and launch new products in all media to benefit the brands’ loyal and expanding audience.
- Participate in all aspects of putting a print magazine together from concept and story pitching to feature writing and production.
- Support the editor by working with a wide range of contributors, editing copy from industry experts and ensuring quality and timeliness of online content.
- Create content and marketing around existing and new workshops, conferences and trade shows.
- Travel nationally and internationally to industry events to better connect with your market and audience.
- Bring your knowledge and ideas to the table to drive innovation in our channels and in the industries we serve.
What the ideal Annex candidate looks like:
- You have a post-secondary degree in journalism, communications or a related field.
- Comfort and/or experience with all forms of media communication, including but not limited to digital (websites and e-newsletters), video, print and social media.
- Ability to work together to achieve the best results and display a can do/will do attitude.
- Great organizational abilities, as well as excellent computer skills.
- Outgoing personality and comfort in social settings.
- Goes beyond to deliver the unexpected.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to adapt in a constantly evolving media business.
- Can take instruction, but doesn’t need to be told what to do.
- Familiarity with any aspect of manufacturing an asset but not required.
- You are capable of working remotely from a home office as well as in one of our office locations as required.
- Valid driver’s license and enthusiasm to travel.
What we offer:
In addition to what we’ve mentioned above, you’ll get the chance to work with a media group that knows the business inside and out. You will appreciate the autonomy to get the job done, as well as the support and encouragement to launch your best ideas. At Annex, we believe our values and culture are the foundation to our success.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resumé and links to writing samples to: email@example.com.
Deadline to apply is January 17, 2021