Firefighters are committed to serving their communities. Are you interested in helping the fire service in return, while learning in a fun, fast-paced environment? This opportunity is for you. Join the editorial team behind two national publications that have reached Canada’s fire chiefs, officers and firefighters for over 60 years.
Learn the details of the fire industry while cultivating the media skills to produce great content across a full range of multimedia platforms. You’ll gain valuable experience in video broadcasts, podcasts, webinars, social media marketing, virtual and live events, magazine production, news values, proofreading, networking and of course feature writing and interviewing. Have an idea to add to the mix? We’d love to hear it. Your opinion matters.
You will also join Canada’s leading B2B media and marketing services company, where our values, unique culture and training help us consistently outperform the industry. Working at Annex isn’t like working at other places. We have more fun and we get more done. If you’re ready to take control over how you achieve great results, join us.
What you will do:
- Creatively use our copious digital products, including websites, e-newsletters, social media, video, webinars, podcasts and more to reach and engage our audience wherever they are.
- Help develop and launch new products in all media to benefit the Fire brands’ loyal and expanding audience.
- Participate in all aspects of putting a print magazine together, from concept and story pitching to feature writing and production.
- Support the editor by working with a wide range of contributors, editing copy from industry experts and ensuring the quality and timeliness of online content.
- Create content and marketing around existing and new workshops, conferences and trade shows.
- Travel nationally and internationally to industry events to better connect with your market and audience.
- Bring your knowledge and ideas to the table to drive innovation in our channels and in the industries we serve.
What the ideal Annex candidate looks like:
- You have a post-secondary degree in journalism, communications or a related field.
- Comfort and/or experience with all forms of media communication, including but not limited to digital (websites and e-newsletters), video, print and social media.
- Ability to work together to achieve the best results and display a can do/will do attitude.
- Great organizational abilities, as well as excellent computer skills.
- Outgoing personality and comfort in social settings.
- Goes beyond to deliver the unexpected.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to adapt in a constantly evolving media and marketing services business.
- Can take instruction, but doesn’t need to be told what to do.
- You are capable of working remotely from a home office as well as in one of our office locations as required.
- Valid driver’s license and enthusiasm for travel.
What we offer:
You’ll enjoy the progressive benefits, continuing education opportunities and great office environment you’d expect from an industry innovator. You’ll also earn your stripes working with experienced editors who know the business inside and out. You will appreciate the autonomy to get the job done, as well as the support and encouragement to launch your best ideas.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and links of your writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply is January 17, 2021