Annex Business Media has a unique opportunity for an experienced editor to lead the content charge within our agricultural group which includes the brands; Top Crop Manager, Potatoes in Canada, Manure Manager, Fruit & Vegetable and Drainage Contractor.
We are looking for someone who can supply the high-quality content that our audience has come to expect and rely on; someone who matches our values, and our passion to use content —in print, in digital and across all of the other multi-media platforms — to enrich the knowledge of our loyal audience.
You will also join Canada’s leading B2B media company, where our values and unique culture help us consistently outperform the industry.
What you will do:
- Develop products around industry-leading content, choosing the best platform to make these “must-read” brands.
- Partner with freelance writers and industry contributors, edit copy from industry experts, and ensure the quality and timeliness of online content.
- Drive our digital products, including websites, e-news, social media, video, webinars, virtual events and podcasts, and more in our quest to reach readers wherever they are.
- Attend industry events to better connect with your market and audience.
- Help create content and marketing around existing and new workshops and conferences.
- Build and foster relationships with industry associations and partners.
- Innovate and act on emerging trends and needs within the media world and new technologies in your industry.
- Work together with a high-performing team to execute multi-brand and multi-platform projects.
You might be an ideal Annex candidate if:
- You have a university degree in journalism, communications or a related field.
- You’re comfortable and/or experienced with all forms of media communication, including but not limited to print, digital (websites and eNewsletters), video and social media.
- You can work together with others to achieve the best results and display a can do/will do attitude.
- You have great organizational abilities and excellent computer skills.
- You’re outgoing and comfortable in social settings.
- You go beyond to deliver the unexpected.
- You can adapt in a constantly evolving media business, and your work ethic shines.
- You are capable of working remotely from a home office as well as in one of our office locations as required.
- You have an interest in farming (ag background is an asset, but not required).
What we offer:
You’ll enjoy the progressive benefits, continuing education opportunities and great work environment you’d expect from a media innovator. You’ll also get the chance to work with an experienced media group that knows the business inside and out. You will appreciate the autonomy to get the job done, as well as the support and encouragement to launch your best ideas. Location is flexible for the right candidate.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resumé, and links to writing samples to, email@example.com.