Annex Business Media has a great opportunity for an experienced editor to lead the content charge for Canada’s largest and most respected law enforcement media outlet: Blue Line.
Blue Line is a multi-platform media brand that includes a robust website, weekly e-newsletter, and 10 yearly magazine issues. In addition, Blue Line hosts several events and awards programs throughout the year, and produces timely, relevant and engaging content via video, webinars, virtual events and podcasts.
We are looking for someone who can supply the high-quality content that our loyal audience has come to rely on; someone who matches our values, and our passion to produce omni-channel content to enrich the knowledge of our readers – in print, online and in-person.
You will also join Annex, Canada’s leading B2B media company, where our unique culture and training help you consistently grow as a content creator and industry leader.
What you will do:
- Develop products around industry-leading content, choosing the best platform to make this a “must-read” brand.
- Drive our digital products, including websites, e-news, social media, events (virtual and live), video, podcasts, webinars and more in our quest to reach readers wherever they are.
- Manage the brand’s social media platforms to ensure we stay connected with industry/audience members.
- Create content around existing and new events, like workshops, conferences, award programs and roundtables.
- Manage all aspects of putting a print magazine together – from concept and story pitching to feature writing and production.
- Partner with freelance writers and industry contributors, edit copy from industry experts, and ensure the quality and timeliness of online content.
- Attend industry events to better connect with your market and audience.
- Build and foster relationships with industry associations and partners.
- Innovate and act on emerging trends and needs within the media world and new technologies in your industry.
What the ideal Annex candidate looks like:
- In addition to a degree/diploma in journalism or related field, you have a minimum of three-years’ experience in editing, writing or journalism.
- Experience covering technical or business sectors is an asset.
- Proven comfort with all forms of media communication, including print, websites, video and social media.
- Valid driver’s license and eagerness to travel within and outside Canada as required.
- Ability to work together to achieve the best results and proven can do/will do attitude. You take ownership over all you do.
- Great organizational abilities, as well as strong computer skills.
- Outgoing personality and comfort in social settings.
- Track record of going above and beyond to deliver the unexpected.
- Willingness to adapt in a constantly evolving media business.
- You are capable of working remotely from a home office as well as in one of our office locations as required.
What we offer:
You’ll enjoy the progressive benefits, continuing education opportunities and great office environment you’d expect from a media innovator. You’ll also get the chance to work with a media group that knows the business inside and out. You will appreciate the autonomy to get the job done, as well as the support and encouragement to create and execute your best ideas.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resumé, and links to writing samples to, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply is July 21, 2021.