Annex Business Media has a great opportunity for an experienced editor to lead the content charge at Canadian Process Equipment & Control News, a leading media brand covering the vital processing industries in Canada. Canadian Process Equipment & Control News provides its readers with news through innovative and creative ways, including print, online, across social media, and through multi-media platforms, such as podcasts, videos, and hosting events.
We are looking for someone who can supply the high-quality content that our audience has come to expect and rely on; someone who matches our values, and our passion to use content across all platforms. You will appreciate the autonomy to get the job done, as well as the support and encouragement to launch your best ideas.
At our company, we prioritize the well-being of our employees. Enjoy flexible working hours, a comprehensive benefits package, progressive vacation entitlement, additional paid days off throughout the year, opportunities for continuing education, profit sharing, and all the necessary tools to excel in your role. Our modern offices offer a hybrid scheduling option (2 common days in office/3 days remote) or wherever in the industry you happen to be that day. Plus, you’ll love our 35-hour workweek, which ends at 1:30 pm on Fridays.
What you will do:
- Embed yourself in the industry to ensure our readers are in the know when it comes to industry news, business and production trends, forward thinking brands and sector experts, products/technology and industry happenings.
- Develop products around industry-leading content, choosing the best platform to make this a “must-read” “must follow,” “must share,” and “must subscribe” brand.
- Partner with freelance writers and industry contributors, edit copy from industry experts, and ensure the quality and timeliness of online content.
- Drive our digital products, including websites, e-news, social media, video, webinars, podcasts and more in our quest to reach readers wherever they are.
- Attend industry events (live and virtual) to better connect with your audience.
- Help create content and marketing around existing and new workshops and conferences.
- Build and foster relationships with industry associations and partners.
- Innovate and act on emerging trends and needs within the media world and new technologies in your industry.
What the ideal Annex candidate looks like:
- In addition to a degree/diploma in journalism or related field, you have three or more years’ experience in editing, writing or journalism.
- Experience covering technical or business sectors is an asset.
- Proven comfort with all forms of media communication, including print, websites, video and social media.
- Valid driver’s license and eagerness to travel within and outside Canada.
- Ability to work together to achieve the best results and proven can do/will do attitude. You take ownership over all you do.
- Great organizational abilities, as well as strong computer skills.
- Outgoing personality and comfort in social settings.
- Track record of going above and beyond to deliver the unexpected.
- Ability to adapt in a constantly evolving media business, and your work ethic shines.
- Capable of working remotely from a home office as well as in one of our office locations as required.
What we offer:
In addition to what we mentioned above, you’ll get the chance to work with a media group that knows the business inside and out.
If all of this sounds like the perfect next step in your career, please send a cover letter, resumé, and links to writing samples to, email@example.com.
Deadline to apply is September 15, 2023