Annex Business Media has a great opportunity for an experienced editor to lead the content charge at Canadian Manufacturing, a leading digital media brand covering Canada’s manufacturing sector. Canadian Manufacturing provides its readers with online news, insights, analysis and opinion, plus distributes a daily e-newsletter, hosts several events and awards programs, and offers research-based content to its loyal audience.
We are looking for someone who can supply a steady stream of the high-quality content that our audience has come to expect and rely on; someone who matches our values, and our passion to use content across all multi-media platforms. You will appreciate the autonomy to get the job done, as well as the support and encouragement to launch your best ideas.
To make sure our employees are well taken care of, we provide them with flexible hours, a comprehensive benefits package, progressive vacation entitlement, additional paid days off throughout the year, continuing education opportunities, profit sharing and all the tools needed to get their job done from one of our modern offices through our hybrid scheduling (2 common days in office/3 days remote) or wherever they happen to be that day. They also enjoy a 35-hour work week that ends at 1:30 pm on Fridays.
What you will do:
- Working with an associate editor, you will pitch, create, and manage first-rate content on a daily basis in a digital environment.
- Creatively use our various digital products, including websites, e-newsletters, social media, video, webinars, podcasts and more to reach and engage our audience wherever they are.
- Partner with freelance writers and industry contributors, edit copy from industry experts, and ensure the quality and timeliness of online content.
- Help develop and launch new products in all media to benefit the brands’ loyal and expanding audience.
- Attend industry events to better connect with your market and audience.
- Create content around existing and new events, like conferences, award programs, trade shows, and roundtables.
- Build and foster relationships with industry associations and partners.
- Innovate and act on emerging trends and needs within the media world and new technologies in your industry.
- Bring ideas to the table to drive innovation in our channels and in the industries we serve.
What the ideal Annex candidate looks like:
- In addition to a degree/diploma in journalism or related field, you have a minimum of three-years’ experience in editing, writing or journalism.
- Experience covering technical or business sectors is an asset.
- Proven comfort with all forms of media communication, including websites, eNewsletters, video, social media, and print.
- Ability to work together to achieve the best results and proven can do/will do attitude. You take ownership over all you do.
- Great organizational abilities, as well as strong computer skills.
- Outgoing personality and comfort in social settings.
- Track record of going above and beyond to deliver the unexpected.
- Willingness to adapt in a constantly evolving media business.
- Capable of working remotely from a home office, as well as in one of our office locations as required.
- Valid driver’s license and eagerness to travel within and outside Canada.
What we offer:
In addition to what we’ve mentioned above, you’ll get the chance to work with a media group that knows the business inside and out. At Annex, we believe our values and culture are the foundation to our success.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resumé and links to writing samples to email@example.com .
Deadline to apply is September 26, 2023