At Annex, we believe that good things happen when like-minded people come together to create and connect. This belief is at the heart of the work we do. That means finding people who like to work hard and have fun doing it—the kind of people who get excited by a new challenge, but who always find time for a good laugh.
We think its important to mention, to make sure our employees are well taken care of, we provide them with flexible hours, a comprehensive benefits package, progressive vacation entitlement, additional paid days off throughout the year, continuing education opportunities, profit sharing and all the tools needed to get their job done from one of our modern offices through our hybrid scheduling (2 days in office/3 days remote) or wherever they happen to be that day. They also enjoy a 35-hour work week that ends at 1:30 pm on Fridays.
If this appeals to you, we have an opportunity for an experienced editor to guide the content for the brand Rock to Road. Rock to Road is the only trade magazine serving Canada’s massive aggregates and roadbuilding sector. This brand is a critical information source to its industry, through print, websites, enews, social media, video, and our own series of live and virtual events.
What you will do:
- Develop products around industry-leading content, choosing the best platform to make these “must-read” brands.
- Partner with freelance writers and industry contributors, edit copy from industry experts, and ensure the quality and timeliness of online content.
- Drive our digital products, including websites, e-news, social media, video, webinars, podcasts and more in our quest to reach readers wherever they are.
- Attend industry events (live and virtual) to better connect with your audience.
- Help create content and marketing around existing and new workshops and conferences.
- Build and foster relationships with industry associations and partners.
- Innovate and act on emerging trends and needs within the media world and new technologies in your industry.
What the ideal Annex candidate looks like:
- In addition to a degree/diploma in journalism or related field, you have four or more years’ experience in editing, writing or journalism.
- Experience covering technical or business sectors is an asset.
- Proven comfort with all forms of media communication, including print, websites, video and social media.
- Valid driver’s license and eagerness to travel within and outside Canada.
- Ability to work together to achieve the best results and proven can do/will do attitude. You take ownership over all you do.
- Great organizational abilities, as well as strong computer skills.
- Outgoing personality and comfort in social settings.
- Track record of going above and beyond to deliver the unexpected.
- Ability to adapt in a constantly evolving media business, and your work ethic shines.
- Capable of working remotely from a home office as well as in one of our office locations as required.
What we offer:
Besides what we’ve already mentioned above, you will be joining Canada’s leading B2B media company, where our values and unique culture help us consistently outperform the industry. You’ll also get the chance to work with a media group that knows the business inside and out. You will appreciate the autonomy to get the job done, as well as the support and encouragement to launch your best ideas.
If all of this sounds like the perfect next step in your career, please send a cover letter, resumé, and links to writing samples to, email@example.com.
Deadline to apply is January 27, 2023