Events are the fastest growing part of the Annex Business Media portfolio, and we’re looking for someone to help continue to drive that growth. With over 60 live and virtual business-to-business events, we are looking for a motivated and creative events manager to join our existing event management team.
A consummate service provider, you have a track record of wowing both internal and external customers. We are looking for someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to work in a high-performance and agile culture.
To make sure our employees are well taken care of, we provide them with flexible hours, a comprehensive benefits package, progressive vacation entitlement, additional paid days off throughout the year, continuing education opportunities, profit sharing and all the tools needed to get their job done from one of our modern offices through our hybrid scheduling (2 days in office/3 days remote) or wherever they happen to be that day. They also enjoy a 35-hour work week that ends at 1:30 pm on Fridays.
What you will do:
- You will manage the full event cycle from inception to culmination, including planning, budgeting, marketing, sourcing venues, on site set-up/tear down and post-event review.
- You will provide support to a variety of events in different industries, managing the details around registration, customer service, marketing, logistics, exhibits, websites, service providers and more.
- With training, you will manage and provide support for virtual events, using Pheedloop and Zoom webinar.
- Working closely with our brand teams, you will partner with both internal support staff and external service providers to create fantastic live or virtual experiences while meeting budgets and ROR targets.
What the ideal Annex candidate looks like:
- You have a post-secondary education in a related field combined with a minimum of three years’ experience in the event or related project management sphere.
- You possess a proven track record of working with teams to bring multiple, simultaneous projects to completion.
- Flexibility to travel and to work evenings or weekends as required.
- Ability to work together to achieve the best results and a proven can do/will do attitude.
- Great organizational and time management abilities.
- Outgoing personality and comfort in social settings.
- Track record of going above and beyond to deliver the unexpected.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to adapt in a constantly evolving media business.
- Experience and comfort in a digital environment.
- B2B marketing, including print, digital and social experience would be a bonus.
- Capable of working remotely from a home office as well as in one of our office locations as required.
What we offer:
Besides what we’ve already mentioned above, you will be joining Canada’s leading B2B media company, where our values and unique culture help us consistently outperform the industry. You’ll be a part of a highly experienced and cohesive team who know the business inside and out. If you are ready to dive in and show what you are capable of, please send a cover letter and resumé, indicating why you are the best person for the job to email@example.com .