Leaders. Innovators. Facilitators. Contrarians. Entrepreneurs above all else. If you want to follow in someone else’s footprints, it’s best you keep walking. If you want to collaborate with our executive team to launch the next best thing in business media and B2B marketing, we should grab coffee.
In addition to clearing the path to success for the brand teams in your group, you’ll use your unique talents and experience to continually grow our business through new solutions, new clients, and old-fashioned grit. Reporting directly to the COO, you’ll have a voice and the opportunity to make a real impact.
- In an industry that changes as fast as this, we don’t have too many preconceived notions. Here are some ideas, but if you’re any good you’ll sell us on your own story.
- You’ve managed people, with a proven ability to get the best from them.
- You play nicely. We all want to win, but this is a team sport.
- You have B2B media experience, the more varied, the better. You don’t? Then you have B2B marketing, business development and/or operations management experience and will wow us with your tales of success and victories.
- Tell us what you did yesterday by all means. But then regale us with visions for today and tomorrow.
- You’ve sold things, preferably ephemeral things, like advertising. At the very least you’ve helped others do so and know how hard that can be.
- Care. You care about your people. You care about the business and your legacy.
- More things than we can list, or even know at this point, but above all else you’ll help your brand teams embrace change, experiment, take risks and win. They win, you win. Simple, eh?
- Parlay your experience and skills in business marketing into customer success.
- Work with the executive team, digital crew, other publishers, audience and events specialists to develop valuable and profitable new products and services
- Promote and demonstrate our Annex values and associated behaviours. It’s kinda who we are.
- Work in a hybrid working environment with the option of your home base being from one of our two modern offices, in Simcoe or Toronto.
- Manage up to 10 media brands and their associated teams, ensuring an on-budget performance. You’ve managed budgets before, right?
It makes us blush, but we’re leaders in B2B media in Canada and we’d put our teams up against the best anywhere. Here’s some of what we offer, but above all we expect this role will be the springboard to the best you yet.
- The pay is pretty good. Plus dental, medical, matching pension, STD, LTD, life insurance, health spending account, vacation, additional paid days off throughout the year…are you still awake? Sorry, we had to mention the full benefits package. Did we mention we enjoy a 35-hour work week that ends at 1:30 pm on Friday. Now we are sure you are awake!
- A raft of continuing education opportunities. We still hold the records for company attendance at MagNet, the Business Media Leadership Summit, Niche Media and BIMS.
- Access to endless peer support and learning, as well as formal and informal shared best practices.
- Internal support from experts in events, digital, IT, audience, video, art production, printing, finance and more.
- An opportunity to grow with some of the best talent in North American B2B media.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resumé indicating why this role was made for you to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply is June 24, 2022