If you’re looking for the next adventure in your career, we’re looking for someone to help launch the Annex Content Studio. Annex has been doing client-facing content work for a long time. Now we’re bringing it to the next level with a dedicated studio to manage the full cycle of B2B content creation and marketing.
The Project Manager will be part content guru, part entrepreneur, and part project manager. This position is client-facing, including helping publishers with ideation and pitch meetings, providing expertise in content best practices, facilitating the roadmap from ideation to strategy and execution, building out the content project, creating and communicating workback schedules, managing the creation and distribution process, and reporting back on the results. The goal is a consistent and excellent client and audience experience.
Our project manager will be supported by internal services in production, digital, video, webinars, events, reporting and more, as well as budgets for external contractors. They will report to our Director, Content Studio.
To make sure our employees are well taken care of, we provide them with flexible hours, a comprehensive benefits package, progressive vacation entitlement, additional paid days off throughout the year, continuing education opportunities, profit sharing and all the tools needed to get their job done from one of our modern offices through our hybrid scheduling (2 days in office/3 days remote) or wherever they happen to be that day. They also enjoy a 35-hour work week that ends at 1:30 pm on Fridays.
What you’ll do:
- Take the lead on all ongoing content creation and distribution projects managed by the studio.
- Serve as the resident storytelling expert with clients and sales teams.
- Meet with brand teams, clients and internal support groups to help pitch content services, launch projects once sold, manage the flow of work to freelancers and internal support services (video, digital, production, etc.), manage time and freelance budgets, monitor progress, and report results to the sales/client.
- Manage budgets to ensure all projects meet profitability standards and client expectations.
- Manage follow-up meetings with clients to review results and next steps.
- Help train and motivate existing sales staff on content marketing opportunities.
- Work with Director and Group Publishers to create new content marketing products and templates.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- 5+ years of experience in multi-media content creation and distribution, preferably in a B2B environment.
- Proven success managing multiple projects in a business setting.
- A passion to provide superior customer service.
- Strong communication skills and ability to meet hard deadlines and quality standards.
- Experience working with social media, SEO, Google Analytics and automation tools.
- Strong writing skills in technical or B2B content, copywriting experience an asset.
- Polished presentation skills and experience/comfort in client meetings.
- Proven ability to lead disparate groups through to project completion.
- Ability to work together to achieve the best results and proven can do/will do attitude. You take ownership over all you do.
- Capable of working remotely from a home office as well as in one of our office locations as required.
- Track record of going above and beyond to deliver the unexpected.
- An entrepreneurial spirit – you’re helping build a business unit after all!
What we offer:
Besides what we’ve already mentioned above, you will be joining Canada’s leading B2B media company, where our values and unique culture help us consistently outperform the industry. You’ll also get the chance to work with a media group that knows the business inside and out. You will appreciate the autonomy to launch this business unit, as well as the support and encouragement to launch your own best ideas. This position includes a competitive total compensation package.
If all of this sounds like the perfect next step in your career, please send a cover letter, resumé, and links to writing samples to, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply is August 19, 2022